Friday 20 February 2009

Romantic Victorian Pigs In Snowy Street

ROMANTIC VICTORIAN PIGS

This is one of my favorite images completed in november 2008. it is painted A4 size at300 ppi, and took about 2 1/2 days. I had the idea while watching "little dorrit" , the BBC1 dickens adaptation. I thought it would be nice to paint some victorian clothes, and snow covered 'xmas' buildings. in fact this image did end up being my xmas card for that year. I was also influenced by the 'quality street' tin design, used here in the UK.I am overall pleased with the colour, composition and standard of painting.

from website...
This was painted in 2008 to A4 size in photoshop. It could be counted as a christmas scene or a winter scene, but this victorian pig romance illustration was inspired by christmas cards and victorian plays on the television. It was nice to do some research in to victorian costumes and the red army uniform helps to add a focal point. The snow was fun to do, and means less painting. The cartoon pigs add charm and are an unlikely romantic couple. Art Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment